The concept of freephone numbers is such that, it is a number that can be used by the callers with ease and which overall does not charge the caller. It does not charge the calling party; instead it charges the called party. There are various factors on which the usage of a toll free number depends:
- The value of the shaft lines to the facility or where the call is being made.
- It also depends on the concept of a flat service charge per month.
- The main stress is laid on the facilities that are provided by the called party.
The first freephone services were introduced right after the Vietnam War in the United Kingdom. After this, services were started also in the United States of America. The worldwide carrier with its main services in the United States, AT&T, is a well known company that provides such services with ease for a long time. Custom freephone numbers are very easy to remember due to the fact that they are very easily subjected to use and most of them are like 1800-XXX-XXX. This is the main category of toll free numbers. These phone numbers works exclusively on the concept of bridging the gap between callers and their retailers in order to ease the function and the processes of calling.
Responsible Organizations or RespOrgs are the ones that are mainly used in order to ask for a freephone number. The freephone numbers are generally used in order to obtain a vanity number. The freephone numbers are generally very easy to use and they can provide a lot of processes and services like radio conferences call waiting, call screening and the process of call recording along with other services like automatic attendant.
In order to set up freephone numbers, a lot of processes can be required. Moreover, the processes are quite easy and no further installation charges are required for the setting up of a toll free number. Furthermore, freephone numbers also have the facility to accept lot of phone calls simultaneously at the same time. The function of voice mail is also available in a freephone number. Any sort of business needs the functioning of proper freephone numbers. Toll free numbers are generally required in businesses for the following functions:
- They are mainly used to produce large distance phone calls. They are also required in order to increase the number of sales.
- Toll free numbers are also used in order to create greater company image and improve the qualities of the company in terms of marketing management and sales and services for customers.