This is free sample of Job description for Project Manager in general, and construction field in particular. This is mostly appropriate for all jobs but might vary to fix certain requirements. Look though this description before apply for a job as Project Managing.
PROJECT/PRACTICE RELATED COMPETENCIES
Project /Practice Management
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping and LOE assessments.
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with each Innovator’s career interests.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change .
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Plans and facilitates regular team activities outside of the office.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors those with less experience through formal channels.
- Helps team execute career development plans.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by us.
- Trains other innovators and clients through both formal and informal training programs.
- Encourages more junior Innovators to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Challenges fellow Innovators to progress toward their professional development goals.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/task forces
- Approves team members’ time and expense reports in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.